To function, primarily, in an alternate tank position as a form of crowd control, damage mitigation and absorption, and back-up tank when the main tank expires or is drastically debuffed. In certain situations, will be called upon to deal melee or spell damage, heal, Innervate, or resurrect an expired member while in combat. At times, will be called upon to fill two or more of these rolls simultaneously.
- Gain threat quickly on target #1 on the Kill Order List to enable DPS to utilize their skills to maximum effect.
- Pick-up and build threat on any alternate targets as specified by your Raid Leader.
- Analyze and adjust your positioning to protect team mates from damaging attacks.
- Analyze and adjust your positioning to maintain an adequate distance from crowd controlled mobs.
- Analyze and adjust your positioning to avoid patrol areas and other enemies in the vicinity.
- Once all assigned targets have been terminated, DPS the main tank's target(s) as specified by the Kill Order List.
- Watch for any disengaged mobs and pick them up in a timely manner.
- Watch all crowd controlled mobs and pick them up if they break free and/or resist new attempts at crowd control.
- Watch for Adds and intercept them in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform Innervate function when needed without detriment to your task at hand.
- Perform Rebirth function when needed without detriment to your task at hand.
- Maintain awareness of team mates health status and perform spot heals between tanking and/or DPS.
- Function in a Melee or Spell DPS role when enemies do not require tanking and in accordance with the Kill Order List.
- Function in a Healing or Off-Healing role when requested and needed.
- Assist in AoE damage when needed.
- Tanking gear set meeting or exceeding the minimum gear requirements for the raid.
- Melee DPS gear set meeting or exceeding the minimum gear requirements for the raid.
- Healing/Spell DPS gear set meeting or exceeding the minimum gear requirements for the raid.
- A thorough understanding of threat mechanics.
- Threat meters and the ability to interpret them.
- A thorough working knowledge of Tanking, Melee DPS, Healing, and Spell DPS abilities.
- Ability to focus and maintain attention on multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to quickly analyze situations and adjust with the needs at hand.
- Camera view manipulation skills.