Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm It!

BBB tagged me...I could swear I was touching base...

5 things I've learned from gaming:

1. Pets make everything better - The non-combat variety win raids and build morale and, when given as gifts, help to brighten someone's day. The real life variety work well in every situation.

2. Helping others can be more rewarding than... - Canceling what you 'want to do' and doing something for someone else is oftentimes more fun and rewarding than what you had planned. Works in real life too.

3. You can really learn about someone in game - You can learn more about people by playing games with them than you can in hours of conversation.

4. Loyalty to your Guild pays off - I've been in Rogue Angels for almost 10 years and have made a lot of really good friends during that time. They're not just a Guild, they're my on-line extended family.

5. Saying 'No' and setting boundaries is OK - Sometimes you have to say 'No' when someone asks for help or you'll never log out and tend to family and real life concerns. Also, it's OK to set boundaries...such as, I don't do PUGs. Same thing applies to real life as well. If you can't say no and set healthy boundaries, people will take advantage of you.

/runs around frantically looking for people to tag...

3 comments:

Loni Huff said...

Mooire,

Sorry to be contacting you this way, but I couldn't find an e-mail address to use to avoid having to use your comments form this way. Would you mind updating my blog link from its old blogspot.com address to its new address, www.resto4life.com? I've been trying to track down all the sites using its old URL to hopefully transfer my traffic more efficiently. =) Thank you!

Please feel free to delete this comment.

TheBigBearButt said...

I like that... I think pets make the game just...better.

Ferocious Bite said...

Oops! I'll update it now, Phaelia!